Share | 
 

 Souls Team IC XIII : Category Rankings: ALL DONE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Dn@
Admin
avatar
Admin

Male Messages : 7766
Age : 28
Localisation : Soul's Team City !
Date d'inscription : 2007-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Souls Team IC XIII : Category Rankings: ALL DONE   Fri 17 Mar - 22:23

The video we received on ftp didnt have a propper ending, had some ratio issues and other stuff.

But yeah it's not a bad video and it could have been higher, anyway what's done is done, as i said if not happy with the ranking focus on your feedback and the fact you've released a video you're proud of unexpected results can ofc happen since we do rank ''all videos'' and not just top 25 so it can always look different to many people.


~ F***.Y.C


Last edited by Dn@ on Fri 17 Mar - 23:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://souls-team.com
pic4arts
Membre
avatar
Membre

Messages : 96
Age : 27
Localisation : Germany
Date d'inscription : 2013-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Souls Team IC XIII : Category Rankings: ALL DONE   Fri 17 Mar - 22:35

So where can we find the feedback you are talking about? I know MDL is commenting every video, but haven't seen a word from the judges.


Last edited by pic4arts on Sat 18 Mar - 15:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.animemusikvideos.de
Dn@
Admin
avatar
Admin

Male Messages : 7766
Age : 28
Localisation : Soul's Team City !
Date d'inscription : 2007-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Souls Team IC XIII : Category Rankings: ALL DONE   Fri 17 Mar - 22:40

@pic4arts wrote:
So were can we find the feedback you are talking about? I know MDL is commenting every video, but haven't seen a word from the judges.

Im talking about feedback from the contestants + the stuff you usually get on sharing your video.
Playing with words huh blablabla

Not to say i reviewd a lot of videos to the people who asked me in private, sorry for not having the time to run a huge contest and comment every video there is, anyway watever i say i guess you'll said the opposit for the trollz, i could have just ignored the comments like most people do.


~ F***.Y.C
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://souls-team.com
pic4arts
Membre
avatar
Membre

Messages : 96
Age : 27
Localisation : Germany
Date d'inscription : 2013-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Souls Team IC XIII : Category Rankings: ALL DONE   Fri 17 Mar - 23:11

Nah I was just confused cause I thought you talked about feedback from the judges. The judging would be more undestandable if we had something to read and not just some numbers though. And people wouldn't be that salty anymore, I guess. I know it would take a lot of time to judge like that, but I would rather wait some weeks and get a proper feedback than having just a number.

I know that some other ICs for example quickening or POE are actually giving feedback to all the participants, maybe you could take them as an example?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.animemusikvideos.de
Hikikomori
Nouveau
avatar
Nouveau

Messages : 17
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Souls Team IC XIII : Category Rankings: ALL DONE   Fri 17 Mar - 23:27

Hi, what I'm going to say may sound awkward, but it needs to be said. After all, I need to vent. And look: I will not mind if you guys call me "salty" or something (I do not know your expressions very well). As long as the text may be long, read it if you want. And if the moderators of the forum see this and be not happy, I ask to not delete the comment, because it is important.

I would like to begin by saying one important thing: I need to congratulate the judges for the organization of the event, because that really was the only thing they did. The rest is certainly suspicious as tendentious. Hey, I'm not saying that just because I was in eighth place. Because it was not just me that was left behind. Be honest, go to the rankings of all categories and watch the videos. Better yet: create your own ranking based on what you've seen. I assure you, with all certainty, that the results will be so different that it will not even seem the same contest.

I think to myself: which methods, three good editors, use to evaluate a video? After all, they are capable enough to judge with the head and not with the ego, right? They've already created works that are enviably flawless, I have to admit. Do not tell me: Ah, we do not have much time to evaluate, focus on the comments. It seems a lame excuse, because there is no sign of any date of evaluation. So, honestly, it would be far more appropriate to postpone the results for three months bringing quality content than that.

What? I still have not convinced you that this is wrong and absolutely no one cares about it? You can blame me, I do not care. But see: the title of this IC is "Change the Game". Yes, they brought it in with the intention of changing all this nonsense that is happening in the community, but ended up falling into the same cliché. What I see? A kind of elitism. No, it's not just because Soul's Team people are always winning these contests (even because they edit really well), the problem is when something better comes up (not necessarily my video, be warned) and this is completely ignored because it's not belonging to an important studio or not belonging to someone important.

I would say that I would go back to the next IC, but this is not true. After what I saw, in all categories, I simply lost hope in the community. Hey, you asshole, you say, this is just for fun. So I ask you, why, then, is this a contest? Contests were not made to compete? Look at the name! I could write a book about it all, but I will not. I shush now, with utter disgust in my mouth. To those who read all this, I hope you have agreed with at least something, otherwise, curse me the will. Emphasizing, I do not care anymore. And, hey, forgive me about the English. I'm not a native English speaker.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://saadkeanu.blogspot.com.br
LightningArrow AMV
Nouveau
avatar
Nouveau

Messages : 23
Date d'inscription : 2015-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Souls Team IC XIII : Category Rankings: ALL DONE   Fri 17 Mar - 23:33

Man, you have no idea how i feel right now, when i was informed that filezilla did those changes dna mentioned (small white bars at some frames and ending, the last 3 seconds of the amv were completely removed), and i wasnt even informed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nekroz
Nouveau
avatar
Nouveau

Messages : 10
Date d'inscription : 2016-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Souls Team IC XIII : Category Rankings: ALL DONE   Fri 17 Mar - 23:36

Ranking pre-defined by members... shame!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dn@
Admin
avatar
Admin

Male Messages : 7766
Age : 28
Localisation : Soul's Team City !
Date d'inscription : 2007-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Souls Team IC XIII : Category Rankings: ALL DONE   Fri 17 Mar - 23:44

@Pic4 Already answered in private,

@Hikikomori So you're basically saying you can judge better than we do, which im sure is the case 100% it's just  too bad that you arent judge neither coordinator of the contest.

I'm not gonna reply anymore after this, but you have to learn the fact that when you join a contest any kind (not necessarly amvs) you do agree that people are gonna judge your work, wether they think the same of different than you, does not matter.

You probably are a god at judging and we all can't wait to join your next contest that will probably have the best ranking there is but in this one the results are what they are and you can write as much stuff as you want it's not gonna change unfortunately.

Therefore i hope you feel lighter after all you've spit out and congrats for your 8th place Smile


@LightningArrow AMV yeah that was pretty unlucky indeed.


~ F***.Y.C
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://souls-team.com
Hikikomori
Nouveau
avatar
Nouveau

Messages : 17
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Souls Team IC XIII : Category Rankings: ALL DONE   Fri 17 Mar - 23:56

@Dn@ wrote:

@Hikikomori So you're basically saying you can judge better than we do, which im sure is the case 100% it's just  too bad that you arent judge neither coordinator of the contest.

I'm not gonna reply anymore after this, but you have to learn the fact that when you join a contest any kind (not necessarly amvs) you do agree that people are gonna judge your work, wether they think the same of different than you, does not matter.

You probably are a god at judging and we all can't wait to join your next contest that will probably have the best ranking there is but in this one the results are what they are and you can write as much stuff as you want it's not gonna change unfortunately.

Therefore i hope you feel lighter after all you've spit out and congrats for your 8th place Smile

So apparently you become a God of judgment after not agreeing with something that dozens of people are not agreeing? Are we Gods for this? If this is your argument, Dn@, I'm sorry, but unfortunately it is full of superfluous irony and weird assumptions.

I can not change the results, but I can complain, because from what I see, there are explicitly undue things in it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://saadkeanu.blogspot.com.br
Dn@
Admin
avatar
Admin

Male Messages : 7766
Age : 28
Localisation : Soul's Team City !
Date d'inscription : 2007-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Souls Team IC XIII : Category Rankings: ALL DONE   Sat 18 Mar - 0:07

If you can't get the 2nd degree in the ''god thing'', i cant rly help  

And yeah ofc complains are not a problem i always dont mind discussing with the people that have constructive critism or questions.

But your long article didnt bring much to the table, and saying 'Better yet: create your own ranking based on what you've seen. I assure you, with all certainty, that the results will be so different that it will not even seem the same contest." is a fact for any contest there is and people wont have the same results anyway.

So yeah my answer may have sounded a bit severe, it wasnt intentional, but the thing is i do not find anything to discuss after reading what you've wrote.

Anyway you said you wont join again and you have no ''hopes for the community'', i said i wouldnt replied (which i actually did Razz)

So let's all leave on our side and have a good day, instead of wasting our time replying to each other because we would not agree anyway.



~ F***.Y.C
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://souls-team.com
Pieetrr
Nouveau
avatar
Nouveau

Male Messages : 46
Age : 22
Date d'inscription : 2014-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Souls Team IC XIII : Category Rankings: ALL DONE   Sat 18 Mar - 0:21

@Hikikomori wrote:
I need to congratulate the judges for the organization of the event, because that really was the only thing they did.

Fadoo:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hikikomori
Nouveau
avatar
Nouveau

Messages : 17
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Souls Team IC XIII : Category Rankings: ALL DONE   Sat 18 Mar - 0:22

@Dn@ wrote:
If you can't get the 2nd degree in the ''god thing'', i cant rly help  

And yeah ofc complains are not a problem i always dont mind discussing with the people that have constructive critism or questions.

But your long article didnt bring much to the table, and saying 'Better yet: create your own ranking based on what you've seen. I assure you, with all certainty, that the results will be so different that it will not even seem the same contest." is a fact for any contest there is and people wont have the same results anyway.

So yeah my answer may have sounded a bit severe, it wasnt intentional, but the thing is i do not find anything to discuss after reading what you've wrote.

Anyway you said you wont join again and you have no ''hopes for the community'', i said i wouldnt replied (which i actually did Razz)

So let's all leave on our side and have a good day, instead of wasting our time replying to each other because we would not agree anyway.


I agree with the last sentence. But I still have something to say, and, do not worry, it's not directed to you this time, DN@, but to the people who participated and are complaining about the results: If you want to change something, for the love of the universe, say what it is. Do not to complain in a social network chat. Here we are. The moderator himself said he accepts constructive criticism and opinions (but not like my article, because as he said, my article is nothing constructive). So do it.

@Pieetrr wrote:
@Hikikomori wrote:
I need to congratulate the judges for the organization of the event, because that really was the only thing they did.

Fadoo:
 

lulz
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://saadkeanu.blogspot.com.br
Dn@
Admin
avatar
Admin

Male Messages : 7766
Age : 28
Localisation : Soul's Team City !
Date d'inscription : 2007-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Souls Team IC XIII : Category Rankings: ALL DONE   Sat 18 Mar - 0:28

@Pieetrr there is a ''read me.txt'' that was into the music pack folder, here's a part of what was on it.



~ F***.Y.C
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://souls-team.com
AonoFlamez
Nouveau
avatar
Nouveau

Male Messages : 17
Age : 24
Localisation : Greece
Date d'inscription : 2014-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Souls Team IC XIII : Category Rankings: ALL DONE   Sat 18 Mar - 0:28

I just want to know how the judging works.
I mean is it the lvl of fx, the story of the amv, effort, all these together or just an overall impression ?

Even tho i disagree with some of the placements (like mine who i truly believe i placed higher than i deserve) i can't really complain to the judges, cause everyone judges his own way.
I just want to know how we were judged.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pieetrr
Nouveau
avatar
Nouveau

Male Messages : 46
Age : 22
Date d'inscription : 2014-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Souls Team IC XIII : Category Rankings: ALL DONE   Sat 18 Mar - 0:34

at least rename,thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagicDarkLight
Fou Furieux
avatar
Fou Furieux

Male Messages : 1671
Age : 23
Localisation : BELGIUM
Date d'inscription : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Souls Team IC XIII : Category Rankings: ALL DONE   Sat 18 Mar - 1:04

@Pieetrr, renaming it would actually have been misleading. At least you know you need to look for a better quality. But it's a rule to follow in all IC actually and they told you before.

There are a ton of arguments to put Hikikomori 8th and there are a lot to put him 4th (I was scared to be beaten by this video actually, by some others too).
But let's face it, yes you're not part of any famous studio or anything, great, so why wouldn't they put Zelda 1st, she was in a last IC so they know her after all. You can find as many arguments in one way as in the other way. What I really think is that you just lack experience in this field (judging and hosting contests).

First of all, if you want to be a bit credible, this comment should have come up much sooner than the exact day where you get disappointed with your 8th place. Then, if you think they take all the names they know and throw it at top 10 then you clearly have never judged anything before. Editors take it as seriously as possible, they watch and rewatch dozens of videos and that lasts for 3 weeks. 3 weeks for a contest where we put only a weekend. So when I read that it should take up to several months, I'm laughing internally. It's unbearable for judges to be involved in that kind of thing for so long and for contestants it would just make things worse, do you really think so much time would make the rankings flawless? It would be the exact same but with longer delays that most contestants will also criticize "So you took all this time and STILL we have to put up with terrible results????". The kind of comments we'd see.

How do they judge. Some of you guys, probably think a barema would be the greatest thing ever, finally let's put subjective points to subjective features of a good amv, this is more reasonable, definitely than just subjectively judging based on overall impression right. Right? Not at all. Ranking defined solely by points NEVER EVER work, they make both the judges and the contestants unhappy with the ranking, leading to judges not even knowing why the fuck a video got under another one instead of saying "yeah but it got 10 in editing but 6 in FX and this other video got 10 in quality and 8 in editing ^^". That's just stupid, the way they distribute points would change depending on when they watch the video, the mean would be biased because some features might be more important in some videos and in some others less important. Here they discuss, they get with a ranking that pleases all the judges and ok, you need to have their text feedback in private but at least they really know what they did. I agree that it's not because you edit well that you can judge well and that rankings are never perfectly objective but I'm sure they did their best here and you all agreed to being judged by these 3 people with all the benefits and the disadvantages it brings.

Now I wasn't referring only to you Hikikomori because I know what you think is shared by a lot of people in various ways. My voice has probably as much range as you now since I'm in this famous studio called STK. Let me just tell you that if your video was as good as Lokkiclu, Hazam (I doubt judges even knew Nexus was a thing, they're dinosaurs now) or Azexous you would have been top 3.
And if you do think contests aren't just for fun, then you should focus only on that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sora-to-kasai.forums-actifs.com
Neverend
Soul's team
avatar
Soul's team

Male Messages : 34
Localisation : Sweden
Date d'inscription : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Souls Team IC XIII : Category Rankings: ALL DONE   Sat 18 Mar - 1:09

I can no longer sit back and let people bash on other people because of their opinions.
Holy shit you guys are... something else.

These guys are judging something abstract that is viewed differently from person to person. It's not universal, it is an opinion. - "Anime music videos"

Chinese cartoons with linkin park. Awesome. You are all great and congrats to the winners!

Edit: Maybe next year it can be anonymous?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cargocollective.com/victorhedstrom
Pieetrr
Nouveau
avatar
Nouveau

Male Messages : 46
Age : 22
Date d'inscription : 2014-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Souls Team IC XIII : Category Rankings: ALL DONE   Sat 18 Mar - 1:20

I'd like one of those "rules of all ICs" pamphlets you're giving out that this "game-changing" IC was so faithful in.Does it also say that each participant is tested in his ability to find good quality of music online?Also,please,tell me how its misleading when it says in the "readme.txt" to search for better quality and why not all the tracks have a bracket screaming low quality.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ElpsyC
Nouveau
avatar
Nouveau

Male Messages : 10
Age : 21
Date d'inscription : 2017-02-22

PostSubject: Re: Souls Team IC XIII : Category Rankings: ALL DONE   Sat 18 Mar - 1:27

@Dn@ wrote:
but you have to learn the fact that when you join a contest any kind (not necessarly amvs) you do agree that people are gonna judge your work, wether they think the same of different than you, does not matter.

Yo, DN@ I totally agree with you in this part, but when I decided to enter the in this contest, I thought like many editors that the judges had some kind of way to judge the AMVs. Because in some rankings it really seems like it was just random judgment, or it's just in my point of view, If you tell me this, maybe you're right, who knows.....


@AonoFlamez wrote:
I just want to know how the judging works.
I mean is it the lvl of fx, the story of the amv, effort, all these together or just an overall impression ?

This is something I also wanted to know. If you don't want to talk about it. It's all right, after all this contest is yours. Those who do not like, don't need participate in the next.

Good edition to all! xD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagicDarkLight
Fou Furieux
avatar
Fou Furieux

Male Messages : 1671
Age : 23
Localisation : BELGIUM
Date d'inscription : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Souls Team IC XIII : Category Rankings: ALL DONE   Sat 18 Mar - 1:37

It's common sense. If your end result video has a bad audio quality, you can only blame yourself, the SOUND screams "low quality", please hear it.

I haven't watched your video, I don't know what was the problem and I agree that in the best world possible judges should find the perfect quality for all of the songs they provide but it's rarely the case and I don't think it will change for a lot of reasons (a lot of songs to provide, a bad ear from some judges, a lack of time to find the rarest high quality versions of some songs etc.)

@Neverend I personnally dislike anonymous rankings. I think it's conforting for contestants but at the same time pointless, you will probably recognize almost everyone you know (and let's face it judges probably don't know 90% of the people in this IC anyways). And I find it sooo boring to do two encodes just for that, but that's just me. It's just a good placebo for people really thinking it changes anything but it only makes thing more obnoxious for both judges and contestants imo.

But it could be interesting who knows, not me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sora-to-kasai.forums-actifs.com
Pieetrr
Nouveau
avatar
Nouveau

Male Messages : 46
Age : 22
Date d'inscription : 2014-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Souls Team IC XIII : Category Rankings: ALL DONE   Sat 18 Mar - 1:46

You assume that what i whine about has to do with my video but that isn't the case i'm afraid.I dropped like a boss and crying over song quantity for 270 editors/song choice/song allocation in categories is so démodé i decided to whine about song quality and be original.

Forever continuing on being original,if listening to it makes you understand its bad quality why do you need bbc fadoo to forcefully restrain himself from renaming his youtube rips?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagicDarkLight
Fou Furieux
avatar
Fou Furieux

Male Messages : 1671
Age : 23
Localisation : BELGIUM
Date d'inscription : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Souls Team IC XIII : Category Rankings: ALL DONE   Sat 18 Mar - 1:55

You're not the first for that too sorry, man xD I'm not saying he shouldn't rename it, just that if he renames then people will edit it without second thoughts and it will lead to complaints too
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sora-to-kasai.forums-actifs.com
Dn@
Admin
avatar
Admin

Male Messages : 7766
Age : 28
Localisation : Soul's Team City !
Date d'inscription : 2007-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Souls Team IC XIII : Category Rankings: ALL DONE   Sat 18 Mar - 1:56

So MDL pretty much sum'd up the way we judge and im glad he did because my english at this point isnt that great, but we do review each videos (with each our technics can be with + and - or other) and place them, the place we believe they deserve it , what we do care about the most are technicals because it's the easiest thing to judge, then the rest comes, music/video choice, pace, quality, synch, edit etc...
We discuss then our 3 rankings,  to do an average of them and review as much as possible the places to find what we believe is the final ranking.

About the whole studio wining stuff, there is none of it ofc, i dont believe there's much more to add on this topic but ive personaly discovered a lot of great videos and editors through this contest that ended up with some really high ranks 1st/2nd and others that had lower places for technical issues as example but had great ideas/feelings.

About the song quality thingy, 1st there was only one or two songs in his pack with that title it's ofc our bad for not editing it (even tho it wouldnt have changed anything), most songs were totally audible in order to pick one, some were also already in HQ ready to be edited. We do always advice that you re-download the song in higher quality because if we only provided HQ the pack would be way harder to download for some contestants that don't have a good bandwith.
We could have also do a list of song titles, but we'd rather avoid people editing remix versions of it by misunderstanding.

Again there is no problem to discuss on topics it's what it's meant for and there are no hard feelings at all on my side at least.

We enjoy a lot runing the contest, we're glad it generates that much expectations and we do appreciate all the feedback we get since the begining and take note as possible on the advices/reactions that are negative to improve on next editions.

Hope it answers)


~ F***.Y.C
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://souls-team.com
Kisagi
Membre
avatar
Membre

Male Messages : 88
Age : 19
Localisation : United States
Date d'inscription : 2013-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Souls Team IC XIII : Category Rankings: ALL DONE   Sat 18 Mar - 2:19

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luciole
Fou Furieux
avatar
Fou Furieux

Male Messages : 1239
Age : 26
Localisation : Namimori
Date d'inscription : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Souls Team IC XIII : Category Rankings: ALL DONE   Sat 18 Mar - 2:26

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Souls Team IC XIII : Category Rankings: ALL DONE   

Back to top Go down
 

Souls Team IC XIII : Category Rankings: ALL DONE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

 Similar topics

-
» Souls Team IC XIII : Category Rankings: ALL DONE
» Souls Team IC XIII : REGISTRATION CLOSED
» Souls Team IRON CHEF 09 : CATEGORY- RESULTS THREAD
» Soul's Team IC XII : Category rankings : ALL DONE.
» Souls Team IC XIII : TEAM RESULTS: The End!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soul's Team Forum :: AnimeMusicVideos :: Soul's Team Iron Chef :: IRON CHEF 13 : CHANGE THE GAME-