Share | 
 

 Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
AnubisAMVs
Nouveau
avatar
Nouveau

Messages : 4
Date d'inscription : 2018-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Fri 9 Mar - 21:02

MagicDark i watched it my dude and srsly its not 1st place worth lets not lie to ourselves... The HxH was cleaner and smoother than it and it had better concept and way better in every possible way. And they gave that the 4th place and nyala the first. I would prefer Kuzze to be first at least. His edit was actually enjoyable!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cross
Fou Furieux
avatar
Fou Furieux

Male Messages : 1120
Age : 26
Localisation : Bron
Date d'inscription : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Fri 9 Mar - 21:04

@Liar wrote:
I remember when STK said that they wont hold ICs anymore.
But it's a difference when ST is hosting an IC full with STK judges.

'cause they won ST IC last year, and the winner is the one who host and judge the next edition, like every year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axel d'Arc
Nouveau
avatar
Nouveau

Male Messages : 14
Localisation : Void
Date d'inscription : 2016-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Fri 9 Mar - 21:28

@MagicDarkLight wrote:
Cleaner, more accurate on pace and scene selection, better concept better executed, less flaws.

And if you think Nyala's amv was like in the live, just know it was zoomed in on the live because of a mistake of the streamer. Watch it again when you download it yourself.

It's not my place to talk, i did not participate and i haven't seen half of the videos for this category, i watched the live though and the reactions weren't really something nice, i am not here to tell you guys how to judge, people rank things differently and at the end of the day it's just that, a ranking made by those people, you know the judges from the start so it's up to you if you enter in the contest.
I understand that the video was fine and dandy from a technical point of view, however it was not a better concept, he literally just used the same concept he did last time with a similar source.
Well that aside the reason i'm writing this is because in the past i used to look up to big amv editors and contests, they were a place of fun and great videos, now it just seems to be a meta contest (Most Effective Tactic Available), i understand there will be people who complain either way but i just wanted to say...Isn't it better to judge the videos for enjoyment and creativity ? For how much a video made you smile or made you excited rather than "Yeah this one has better executed zooms and transitions", it's just a worry of mine that the amv community is becoming a stagnating medium.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
bloosomangel10
Nouveau
avatar
Nouveau

Messages : 13
Date d'inscription : 2014-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Fri 9 Mar - 21:35

@AnubisAMVs wrote:
MagicDark i watched it my dude and srsly its not 1st place worth lets not lie to ourselves... The HxH was cleaner and smoother than it and it had better concept and way better in every possible way. And they gave that the 4th place and nyala the first. I would prefer Kuzze to be first at least. His edit was actually enjoyable!

The fact that you can't see why his video got first really speaks by itself to be honest. This year's results were clear as water, so i don't think there is any debate to be made here.

ST IC is one of the biggest contests of the year, where almost all the amv editors out there have fun facing each other working their hardest to put out the best result possible within a weekend, and competition is part of the fun and charm of the IC, so at times hard decisions have to be made, editing skills are being judged, and if we go with that criteria i really don't see the problem here.

Editing wise only professionals with a lot of dedication can achieve what the video that occupies the first place do, that level of polish and style in all the graphic elements, plus editing is also on point.

It is definitely fair to say that concept and how good you think it is comes down to personal tastes, but there is not subjetivity in the technical side of editing.


Last edited by bloosomangel10 on Fri 9 Mar - 21:46; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagicDarkLight
Fou Furieux
avatar
Fou Furieux

Male Messages : 1704
Age : 24
Localisation : BELGIUM
Date d'inscription : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Fri 9 Mar - 21:46

@Axel
I think we had this debate long ago in the French community. Before (like more or less 10 years ago) the contests were indeed judged based on "enjoyment" "creativity", "atmosphere" and so on.

But at the end of the day, these are all really subjective points and would raise even more problems. Here they are trying to judge completely on objective concepts. And the objective concepts are not just for "creating rules" and getting "meta" they actually exist because they MAKE A VIDEO GOOD in the first place. Then of course, other points can make it look duller than another one in your personal opinion. But if somebody comes now and tell you "WOOOOOOW I got so excited watching Nyala's video!! So awesome, I love the vuuuuw boum bam wooshhh", then can you really say it has to be below another one because you thought it was "not creative and not enjoyable" ?

AMVs will never be truly objective but I think contests trying to become so is certainly not a bad thing and is still a huge work in progress as you can see today with all the people complaining. Judges having more experience, I think one should think twice and take a step back before actually claiming this or this vid should be higher... But yeah, for this ranking, I would have objectively made the same.

Well this debate is neverending anyways, not all contests are based on pure technique/objectivity, it's also a cultural thing in a way (even if culture can evolve). So yeah, at least STIC is this way and I'm glad this, Japan Expo and to a certain extent Big Contest exist. I am also glad Akross and some american contests exists because it gives a different view.


Last edited by MagicDarkLight on Fri 9 Mar - 21:48; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sora-to-kasai.forums-actifs.com
Sagiki
Soul's team
avatar
Soul's team

Male Messages : 179
Age : 19
Localisation : Soul's Island
Date d'inscription : 2013-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Fri 9 Mar - 21:48

@Axel d'Arc wrote:
however it was not a better concept
And ? Better concept = eazy win ?
@Axel d'Arc wrote:
Isn't it better to judge the videos for enjoyment and creativity ? For how much a video made you smile or made you excited rather than "Yeah this one has better executed zooms and transitions", it's just a worry of mine that the amv community is becoming a stagnating medium.
Subjectivity vs. Objectivity. The results are objective, so even if you like a video, it does not mean that the one you didn't like is worse.




_____

Back to top Go down
View user profile
ProjectBarcodeError
Fou Furieux
avatar
Fou Furieux

Male Messages : 1147
Age : 27
Localisation : ici
Date d'inscription : 2010-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Fri 9 Mar - 21:49

@Axel d'Arc wrote:
i understand there will be people who complain either way but i just wanted to say...Isn't it better to judge the videos for enjoyment and creativity ? For how much a video made you smile or made you excited rather than "Yeah this one has better executed zooms and transitions", it's just a worry of mine that the amv community is becoming a stagnating medium.

To quote someone: a critique always has a part of subjectivity, but it doesn't mean you gotta throw objectivity out of the window.

Judges will have their favorites and variable appreciation of certain points; some may prefer a slick montage, other creative composition, some may abhor bad zooms, other may hate bad color corrections.

Judging "by the guts" would still bring, even more, drama and people complaining, and for example if you know the judges prefered stuff, you could meta as well, like making an AMV about [enter fav anime of judge here] to expect brownie points. and that way you could "defend" less your position since you throw the technical aspect by judging that way.


It is a science that will never be perfect, and nobody will fully accept the results. There has been drama and complaints in every iron chefs ST ever (and others). I get your point it feels dissapointing , but it's a part of the game that isn't going to change as long as the concept of amv-making judging exists.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Axel d'Arc
Nouveau
avatar
Nouveau

Male Messages : 14
Localisation : Void
Date d'inscription : 2016-09-10

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Fri 9 Mar - 22:25

@MagicDarkLight & @ProjectBarcodeError
Yes i get where you guys are coming from and if we were to debate this we could go on forever, we won't of course. But by the way people react to this i think it's good to take it into consideration, there is something that can be improved here, and i hope the people who will judge next year will try and improve the state of the contest, that's all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kryptonite
Nouveau
avatar
Nouveau

Male Messages : 9
Age : 22
Localisation : Greece, Alexandroupolis
Date d'inscription : 2017-08-18

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Fri 9 Mar - 23:14

Congrats to everyone in the rankings! I personally feel good because I got 10th place and it's my first time joining the Soul's Team IC! Special congratulation to my ENP teammates ZoroIttoryu and GarrySheen!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/KryptoniteAMV
Mycathatesyou
Membre
avatar
Membre

Messages : 110
Date d'inscription : 2013-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Sat 10 Mar - 1:02



Bring on the salt bois.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Talha
Nouveau
avatar
Nouveau

Messages : 4
Date d'inscription : 2018-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Sat 10 Mar - 2:34

@Axel d'Arc wrote:
@MagicDarkLight wrote:
Cleaner, more accurate on pace and scene selection, better concept better executed, less flaws.

And if you think Nyala's amv was like in the live, just know it was zoomed in on the live because of a mistake of the streamer. Watch it again when you download it yourself.

It's not my place to talk, i did not participate and i haven't seen half of the videos for this category, i watched the live though and the reactions weren't really something nice, i am not here to tell you guys how to judge, people rank things differently and at the end of the day it's just that, a ranking made by those people, you know the judges from the start so it's up to you if you enter in the contest.
I understand that the video was fine and dandy from a technical point of view, however it was not a better concept, he literally just used the same concept he did last time with a similar source.
Well that aside the reason i'm writing this is because in the past i used to look up to big amv editors and contests, they were a place of fun and great videos, now it just seems to be a meta contest (Most Effective Tactic Available), i understand there will be people who complain either way but i just wanted to say...Isn't it better to judge the videos for enjoyment and creativity ? For how much a video made you smile or made you excited rather than "Yeah this one has better executed zooms and transitions", it's just a worry of mine that the amv community is becoming a stagnating medium.


Why the hell would that be a better idea in any way? This is a contest people spend legit 3 days of hard work into. Imagine you put in more work for a job follow all requirements do everything effective but your colleague gets promoted cuz everyone likes having them around. I enjoyed 2nd place and 4th place more than first but THAT'S LITERALLY DIFFERENT FOR EVERYONE. It's called preference, and yea will the judging ever be perfect? No, never no matter how good the judges are. I am sure if you were a fan of these big contest editors in the past you would know this is their usual way of judging simply join other ICs which judge differently there's plenty every year. Telling the judges to be biased is kind of terrible. But I know some ST ics seem really biased results but the judges aren't even from Souls team this year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sempai3607
Membre actif
avatar
Membre actif

Male Messages : 151
Age : 22
Date d'inscription : 2013-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Sat 10 Mar - 9:20

@Luciole wrote:
21) PBE - Imperium
Welcome to my squad
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/Sempai3607
ProjectBarcodeError
Fou Furieux
avatar
Fou Furieux

Male Messages : 1147
Age : 27
Localisation : ici
Date d'inscription : 2010-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Sat 10 Mar - 10:50

@Sempai3607 wrote:
@Luciole wrote:
21) PBE - Imperium
Welcome to my squad

haha i feel ya.

"Yorokobe, shounen"

Spoiler:
 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naijiko
Membre Hyper actif
avatar
Membre Hyper actif

Male Messages : 936
Age : 21
Localisation : France
Date d'inscription : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Sat 10 Mar - 12:03

When some who thinks that needs to be French to win are going to notice: Japan Expo 2016 won by Elerye (no French), Psyche in IC ST last year by Lokkiclu (not french too), Drama/Romance won by Brenda/Hikaru (not french)
And in other contest ? Akross 2013 (Russian Contest) was to take away by GorZ (always think he is french because he in ST),other Iron Chef organized by other team/studio (Crows, MDS, Indigo, etc. ...), who won ? French team STK/ST ... or they were in the top 3 (Crows)
(That wants not to say " Hey, we are the strongest, hahahaha ", just, needs to admit that we have good editor/good team/studio, like all country in the worlds, no? Why the victory countered unthinkable?)

You go to realize that it is necessary to put aside its self-centredness and to accept a certain obvious fact form of obvious fact, you go to be like that  monkaMega

( I not say that the ranking is perfect but stop to cry for nothing, to hear you there is $10 000 of CashPrize and those who cry, its not the people concerned)

Done a work on you same and try to admit that you have not holy words to participate in a competition, let us be ready to subject you to a judgment, of him judge's part which are no robots
( Especially if your main argument is " I I preferred that", to make then in the unfounded free defamation)


PS: Sorry for my english (and thanks online traductor Razz )
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FinalNero
Nouveau
avatar
Nouveau

Male Messages : 43
Age : 21
Date d'inscription : 2015-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Sun 11 Mar - 3:08

I'm just here to say that Jeff is the real winner
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Naijiko
Membre Hyper actif
avatar
Membre Hyper actif

Male Messages : 936
Age : 21
Localisation : France
Date d'inscription : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Sun 11 Mar - 8:52

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luciole
Fou Furieux
avatar
Fou Furieux

Male Messages : 1304
Age : 27
Localisation : Namimori
Date d'inscription : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Mon 12 Mar - 20:14

See you Thursay for the Drama/Romance results  



Last edited by Luciole on Mon 12 Mar - 22:41; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HakuRyuu
Membre
avatar
Membre

Male Messages : 85
Age : 21
Localisation : Shinjuku - Tokyo
Date d'inscription : 2015-12-24

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Mon 12 Mar - 20:20

@Luciole wrote:

7) Hakuryuu - IRIA
8 ) Flo55 - R links
9) Shadox - WVAVES
LES EDENNIENS TOUJOURS ENSEMBLES Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagicDarkLight
Fou Furieux
avatar
Fou Furieux

Male Messages : 1704
Age : 24
Localisation : BELGIUM
Date d'inscription : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Mon 12 Mar - 20:42



The Emperor of Dance takes his leave.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sora-to-kasai.forums-actifs.com
ShinRyu
Soul's team
avatar
Soul's team

Male Messages : 2604
Age : 30
Localisation : Versailles
Date d'inscription : 2007-10-29

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Mon 12 Mar - 20:49

tu t'auto proclame empereur ?





lol


Sinon dommage pour Lina, je pense que son clip était vraiment au dessus, à voir pourquoi vous avez préférez l'un à l'autre Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.jDprod.net
MagicDarkLight
Fou Furieux
avatar
Fou Furieux

Male Messages : 1704
Age : 24
Localisation : BELGIUM
Date d'inscription : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Mon 12 Mar - 21:11



Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sora-to-kasai.forums-actifs.com
zelda
Soul's team
avatar
Soul's team

Female Messages : 7
Age : 21
Date d'inscription : 2015-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Mon 12 Mar - 21:16

Thanks to the judges for the experience this year! Dance is actually a hella fun category to edit and it was really easy to choose a song this time. Huge congrats to nick!!


Signature by Hakuryu
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Noss
Nouveau
avatar
Nouveau

Messages : 41
Date d'inscription : 2012-02-28

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Mon 12 Mar - 21:38

and on and on and on again

Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagicDarkLight
Fou Furieux
avatar
Fou Furieux

Male Messages : 1704
Age : 24
Localisation : BELGIUM
Date d'inscription : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Mon 12 Mar - 21:41

@Noss wrote:
and on and on and on again  




Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sora-to-kasai.forums-actifs.com
Luciole
Fou Furieux
avatar
Fou Furieux

Male Messages : 1304
Age : 27
Localisation : Namimori
Date d'inscription : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Mon 12 Mar - 21:44

commentception, continu pls wtf
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   

Back to top Go down
 

Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

 Similar topics

-
» STIC 11 : Category rankings : ALL DONE
» Soul's Team IC XII : Category rankings : ALL DONE.
» Souls Team IC XIII : Category Rankings: ALL DONE
» Cartes Slam Attax Mayhem
» [Draxe] Echanges Slam Attax Mayhem et Stickers Icons

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soul's Team Forum :: IRON CHEF 14 : MAYHEM EDITION-