Share | 
 

 Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Luciole
Fou Furieux
avatar
Fou Furieux

Male Messages : 1304
Age : 27
Localisation : Namimori
Date d'inscription : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Mon 19 Mar - 22:06

^ Kinda agree with that

Lets see what soul's team think about it but yea after 14 years, maybe they can try something different, even for the concept categories and stuff, it's really hard to think about new things. I thougt the Top 10 was a new idea but apparently they did it in the 8th edition..

Well, we'll see. Its their contest after all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyoroichi
Membre actif
avatar
Membre actif

Male Messages : 214
Age : 21
Localisation : Trinidad
Date d'inscription : 2012-11-14

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Mon 19 Mar - 22:40

crows judge in 2k19 tbh
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://nero-team.1fr1.net/
Li0n
Nouveau
avatar
Nouveau

Messages : 3
Date d'inscription : 2018-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Mon 19 Mar - 23:20

Thanks for my placement and for the contest overall. See you again next year!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dn@
Admin
avatar
Admin

Male Messages : 7762
Age : 29
Localisation : Soul's Team City !
Date d'inscription : 2007-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Tue 20 Mar - 10:09

We'll take this in consideration  

But in the meantime, i find the contest very well managed this year luciole, sephi & zuuki are doing a great job and are very implied in it, rankings are what they are and we rarely all agree on some parts of them whoever the judges are.

I kinda feel you on the wining team->judge->friends part tho but since we all do different categories i believe the judges have different approaches on their ranking, we'll see anyway we could probably keep the contest judged by a pannel for next year but let's enjoy the end of MAYHEM for the moment !

sparta


~ F***.Y.C
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://souls-team.com
Sempai3607
Membre actif
avatar
Membre actif

Male Messages : 151
Age : 22
Date d'inscription : 2013-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Tue 20 Mar - 11:23

@Kyoroichi wrote:
crows judge in 2k19 tbh
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/Sempai3607
Naijiko
Membre Hyper actif
avatar
Membre Hyper actif

Male Messages : 936
Age : 21
Localisation : France
Date d'inscription : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Wed 21 Mar - 11:47

@ClaiN wrote:
@Sephi wrote:
@FinalNero wrote:
Can you provide some variety for the judges next time? Thanks

hahaha... Well thats simple. Win the damn contest. Thats how it works since the very 1st IC ST.

You're asking too much, it's not so simple to acquire french nationality

/s

Without Nyala, there is no other french 1st wai
But ok
(And no, Hedge isn't french, but Canadian
If for you Hedge is French, Drake is French too ? )

And other no french Iron Chef ? (MDS, Crows, Indigo, etc..)
French team won because he is french ? Because friendship is magic ?


Your argument doesn't mean anything and makes no sense nono
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luciole
Fou Furieux
avatar
Fou Furieux

Male Messages : 1304
Age : 27
Localisation : Namimori
Date d'inscription : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Wed 21 Mar - 20:20

Now dat all the results are out, see you on Friday for the TOP 10 Live and Saturday for the Team Ranking !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SpeedQueenGK
Nouveau
avatar
Nouveau

Female Messages : 30
Age : 26
Localisation : Sweden
Date d'inscription : 2018-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Thu 22 Mar - 16:41

the stuff people point out about this contest being biased. why don't you make the contest anonymous next year? THEN PEOPLE HAVE NO REASON TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE CONTEST BEING BIASED. problem solved. you could still join with a team officially, it's just the videos that are anonymous for the judges. It could kill the whole part of being able to enjoy all the videos before the ranks are out but still. It could be something to think about in the future maybe o.o
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dn@
Admin
avatar
Admin

Male Messages : 7762
Age : 29
Localisation : Soul's Team City !
Date d'inscription : 2007-02-25

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Thu 22 Mar - 17:22

@SpeedQueenGK wrote:
the stuff people point out about this contest being biased. why don't you make the contest anonymous next year? THEN PEOPLE HAVE NO REASON TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE CONTEST BEING BIASED. problem solved. you could still join with a team officially, it's just the videos that are anonymous for the judges. It could kill the whole part of being able to enjoy all the videos before the ranks are out but still. It could be something to think about in the future maybe o.o

Yeah we've thought about it but :

1- Problem with that is that there wont be the cool part where you get to share your videos with other contestants while waiting for rankings, that's the most important part of ST ic's  and that's what's make the contest unique in his genre.

In the end it's a contest probably the only one as big, where people get to interact this much with each others videos and with the judges giving you real time feedback after the results even if you disagree you get an explanation and feedback in most contest u get nothing.

Making the contest anonymous would mean not sharing videos before the results and losing the best part.
The part where you finally share your work, the work you did in 3days wether you had fun or you tryhard the final is that you want feedback from other contestants & judges more than you want to be 7th rather then 13th.

2- when the judges download the videos they are already sorted by teams to make the category and team rankings easier for them in the end if you make it anonymous it's gonna be a lot more work to sort out everything to do team rankings after, like to find who's in which team the name of an editor out of 280 others etc... almost impossible and it's also really hard to ask that much participant not to upload their videos before results aswell.

So yeah that's why the contest isnt anonymous i hope it answers Smile
___________


~ F***.Y.C
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://souls-team.com
Kazu
Nouveau
avatar
Nouveau

Messages : 27
Age : 23
Date d'inscription : 2013-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Thu 22 Mar - 19:03

I don't really understand why some folks are not happy the way the contest is being held or judged? If you don't like the rules, simply ignore it. Move on. Join another. There are enough of contests around.

Why such narrow-minded opinion about the 'french' thing? If they are friends with someone means they have to place them higher? I thought it was obvious that most of the french editors are just better? Not even taking into the fact that some finalists are not even french, as far as I am aware? So why there are opinions like this?

The judges have their own vision of how AMV probably should look like. Is it technically good? Enjoyable? Etc? Not even about AMV contests speaking. Look at X factors, whatsoever country got talent? With some judges sitting there you don't agree, but they think it's good.

At the end, join contests like Big Contest or Akross, or any other international contest where you get worldwide voting. The opinion will be different. The finalists that are here in each category might end up being the last ones in some kind of Zimbabwe, lets say.

Not to offend anyone, just an example that there are different points of view and liking around.
ST doesn't have to change the rules just because someone doesn't agree on how videos are judged. They can adjust/change if they want, up to them. It's their contest after all.

Why don't you try and do your best next time? Or year after? Or in two years? Instead of complaining? I personally find it challenging. Maybe I didnt get in top5, but hey I took 7th place last year and this year 6th! That's something!

Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/DamnKazu
vlex
Admin
avatar
Admin

Female Messages : 9576
Age : 28
Localisation : Canada
Date d'inscription : 2007-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Thu 22 Mar - 19:15




In battles, the ones who get in the way are not the ones that have no power.
They are the ones that have no resolve for battle.


Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://souls-team.frbb.net/forum Online
Changelling
Nouveau
avatar
Nouveau

Messages : 52
Age : 21
Date d'inscription : 2013-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Thu 22 Mar - 21:18

@Kazu wrote:
I thought it was obvious that most of the french editors are just better?

If this statement doesn't cause an international crisis, I don't know what will
Back to top Go down
View user profile
FinalNero
Nouveau
avatar
Nouveau

Male Messages : 43
Age : 21
Date d'inscription : 2015-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Thu 22 Mar - 21:20

@Kazu wrote:
I don't really understand why some folks are not happy the way the contest is being held or judged? If you don't like the rules, simply ignore it. Move on. Join another. There are enough of contests around.

Why such narrow-minded opinion about the 'french' thing? If they are friends with someone means they have to place them higher? I thought it was obvious that most of the french editors are just better? Not even taking into the fact that some finalists are not even french, as far as I am aware? So why there are opinions like this?

The judges have their own vision of how AMV probably should look like. Is it technically good? Enjoyable? Etc? Not even about AMV contests speaking. Look at X factors, whatsoever country got talent? With some judges sitting there you don't agree, but they think it's good.

At the end, join contests like Big Contest or Akross, or any other international contest where you get worldwide voting. The opinion will be different. The finalists that are here in each category might end up being the last ones in some kind of Zimbabwe, lets say.

Not to offend anyone, just an example that there are different points of view and liking around.
ST doesn't have to change the rules just because someone doesn't agree on how videos are judged. They can adjust/change if they want, up to them. It's their contest after all.

Why don't you try and do your best next time? Or year after? Or in two years? Instead of complaining? I personally find it challenging. Maybe I didnt get in top5, but hey I took 7th place last year and this year 6th! That's something!

Nice, now people aren't even allowed to express what they think, thanks Hitler.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vlex
Admin
avatar
Admin

Female Messages : 9576
Age : 28
Localisation : Canada
Date d'inscription : 2007-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Thu 22 Mar - 21:24

@FinalNero wrote:
@Kazu wrote:
I don't really understand why some folks are not happy the way the contest is being held or judged? If you don't like the rules, simply ignore it. Move on. Join another. There are enough of contests around.

Why such narrow-minded opinion about the 'french' thing? If they are friends with someone means they have to place them higher? I thought it was obvious that most of the french editors are just better? Not even taking into the fact that some finalists are not even french, as far as I am aware? So why there are opinions like this?

The judges have their own vision of how AMV probably should look like. Is it technically good? Enjoyable? Etc? Not even about AMV contests speaking. Look at X factors, whatsoever country got talent? With some judges sitting there you don't agree, but they think it's good.

At the end, join contests like Big Contest or Akross, or any other international contest where you get worldwide voting. The opinion will be different. The finalists that are here in each category might end up being the last ones in some kind of Zimbabwe, lets say.

Not to offend anyone, just an example that there are different points of view and liking around.
ST doesn't have to change the rules just because someone doesn't agree on how videos are judged. They can adjust/change if they want, up to them. It's their contest after all.

Why don't you try and do your best next time? Or year after? Or in two years? Instead of complaining? I personally find it challenging. Maybe I didnt get in top5, but hey I took 7th place last year and this year 6th! That's something!

Nice, now people aren't even allowed to express what they think, thanks Hitler.
he is just saying what he thinks tho? Wink



In battles, the ones who get in the way are not the ones that have no power.
They are the ones that have no resolve for battle.


Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://souls-team.frbb.net/forum Online
FinalNero
Nouveau
avatar
Nouveau

Male Messages : 43
Age : 21
Date d'inscription : 2015-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Thu 22 Mar - 21:28

@vlex wrote:
@FinalNero wrote:
@Kazu wrote:
I don't really understand why some folks are not happy the way the contest is being held or judged? If you don't like the rules, simply ignore it. Move on. Join another. There are enough of contests around.

Why such narrow-minded opinion about the 'french' thing? If they are friends with someone means they have to place them higher? I thought it was obvious that most of the french editors are just better? Not even taking into the fact that some finalists are not even french, as far as I am aware? So why there are opinions like this?

The judges have their own vision of how AMV probably should look like. Is it technically good? Enjoyable? Etc? Not even about AMV contests speaking. Look at X factors, whatsoever country got talent? With some judges sitting there you don't agree, but they think it's good.

At the end, join contests like Big Contest or Akross, or any other international contest where you get worldwide voting. The opinion will be different. The finalists that are here in each category might end up being the last ones in some kind of Zimbabwe, lets say.

Not to offend anyone, just an example that there are different points of view and liking around.
ST doesn't have to change the rules just because someone doesn't agree on how videos are judged. They can adjust/change if they want, up to them. It's their contest after all.

Why don't you try and do your best next time? Or year after? Or in two years? Instead of complaining? I personally find it challenging. Maybe I didnt get in top5, but hey I took 7th place last year and this year 6th! That's something!

Nice, now people aren't even allowed to express what they think, thanks Hitler.
he is just saying what he thinks tho? Wink
Damn, why are you trying to start a flame?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vlex
Admin
avatar
Admin

Female Messages : 9576
Age : 28
Localisation : Canada
Date d'inscription : 2007-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Thu 22 Mar - 21:32

Says who Razz haha



In battles, the ones who get in the way are not the ones that have no power.
They are the ones that have no resolve for battle.


Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://souls-team.frbb.net/forum Online
FinalNero
Nouveau
avatar
Nouveau

Male Messages : 43
Age : 21
Date d'inscription : 2015-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Thu 22 Mar - 21:39

I don't have time for this, and i haven't said a word since, looks like despite your age you have way more time than me to start useless flames. Have a good night.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
vlex
Admin
avatar
Admin

Female Messages : 9576
Age : 28
Localisation : Canada
Date d'inscription : 2007-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Thu 22 Mar - 21:43

true story



In battles, the ones who get in the way are not the ones that have no power.
They are the ones that have no resolve for battle.


Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://souls-team.frbb.net/forum Online
ClaiN
Nouveau
avatar
Nouveau

Male Messages : 6
Age : 18
Localisation : Ardea (RM), Italy
Date d'inscription : 2018-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Thu 22 Mar - 21:49

@Naijiko wrote:
@ClaiN wrote:
@Sephi wrote:
@FinalNero wrote:
Can you provide some variety for the judges next time? Thanks

hahaha... Well thats simple. Win the damn contest. Thats how it works since the very 1st IC ST.

You're asking too much, it's not so simple to acquire french nationality

/s

Without Nyala, there is no other french 1st wai
But ok
(And no, Hedge isn't french, but Canadian
If for you Hedge is French, Drake is French too ? )

And other no french Iron Chef ? (MDS, Crows, Indigo, etc..)
French team won because he is french ? Because friendship is magic ?


Your argument doesn't mean anything and makes no sense nono


"/s" means I was being sarcastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luciole
Fou Furieux
avatar
Fou Furieux

Male Messages : 1304
Age : 27
Localisation : Namimori
Date d'inscription : 2009-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Fri 23 Mar - 20:30

End of the IC with Team Ranking Tomorrow !
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MagicDarkLight
Fou Furieux
avatar
Fou Furieux

Male Messages : 1704
Age : 24
Localisation : BELGIUM
Date d'inscription : 2007-08-22

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Fri 23 Mar - 21:06

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sora-to-kasai.forums-actifs.com
lokkiclu
Soul's team
avatar
Soul's team

Female Messages : 204
Age : 21
Localisation : Paris, France
Date d'inscription : 2015-02-08

PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   Fri 23 Mar - 21:34

When you see Top 5 overall is full ST









[ ✦ My home is in the cosmos, amongst my stars ]
(Merci Luciole )

---------

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)   

Back to top Go down
 

Category Rankings (Next : Top 10 MAYHEM)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

 Similar topics

-
» STIC 11 : Category rankings : ALL DONE
» Soul's Team IC XII : Category rankings : ALL DONE.
» Souls Team IC XIII : Category Rankings: ALL DONE
» Cartes Slam Attax Mayhem
» [Draxe] Echanges Slam Attax Mayhem et Stickers Icons

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Soul's Team Forum :: IRON CHEF 14 : MAYHEM EDITION-